Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home Town

I live in a small town south of Boise. The area is growing rapidly, but for now is still pretty rural. Here are some pictures of town.

The top picture is is looking north down on Kuna. In the foreground is, yes, a dairy farm. Downtown is just beyond it, and then fields and farms. In the distance is "Squaw Butte." That's its official name, and it is the subject of some controversy.

The second picture is looking toward Boise, which rests against the snow covered hills.

The bottom picture looks west towards Oregon. On a clearer day you can see mountains across the Oregon-Idaho border, about 60 miles away.

2 comments:

Quilting Goddess said...

Beautiful !! but then it reminds me of Alberta. It should though, being the same mountain range. I envy you living in a small town though, Calgary is getting to big. I miss the slower pace and quite that you get living in a small town. I enjoy your posts.

Mike said...

Beautiful country...I've been craving Colorado and the mountains for about the past 6 months. Haven't had time to get out there, what with college and being an Air Force kaydet and all.